Akram Abusharar Law

A U.S. citizen who wishes to marry a non-U.S. citizen or permanent resident can help their fiancé obtain permanent residence in different ways.

One way is to apply for a fiancé visa if your fiancé is overseas and you want to marry in the United States. This visa lets your fiancé enter the United States for 90 days so that your marriage ceremony can take place in the United States. Once you marry, your spouse can apply for permanent residence and remain in the United States while we process the application.

Another way is to marry your fiancé overseas. If you marry overseas, we can then file an immigration application for your new spouse.